Friday, September 28, 2007

Comments on Yesterday's "Blowup" Post

Alison pointed out that one of the comments posted on Errol Morris' NY Times piece was a .gif file flashing on and off the two photos for easier comparison. Click here to view.

She pointed out to me that not only are cannonballs missing from the On photo, but some rocks as well.

My brother, Bob, wrote me from a business trip in Alaska:

"Funny you should write about it. I was captivated by Morris's piece as well and thought about it intermittently throughout the day. I loved the mystery of whether Sontag herself overblew the issue of the photographer commandeering the locals to move the rocks. With digital photography becoming ubiquitous, in a few years no one will ever believe in the authenticity of a photography."

Comments to this and my other blog posts are always welcome. Just click on the Comments link at the bottom of each post.

Until next time...

Rick

No comments: