Wednesday, September 19, 2007

"100 Saints You Should Know"

Kate Fodor's new play, 100 Saints You Should Know, which I mentioned here that I saw at Playwrights Horizons in New York last week, has opened and the reviews are out. (You can link to many of them via American Theater Web.)

I found some of the reviews harsh, but was pleased to read Linda Winer's praise in Newsday and Michael Sommers's in the Star-Ledger.

I found 100 Saints You Should Know a thoughtful play with modest ambitions that it mostly achieves through believable characters sincerely played. It's biggest failing, I thought, was that it needed to be trimmed a bit.

Anyway, the playwright has already been declared by many to be one to keep on eye on, and I suspect she's already got commissions she's working to fulfill on myriad subject matter.

Until next time...

Rick

No comments: